- B.Sc. Chemistry
- M.Sc. Chemistry
- B.Sc. Microbiology
- M.Sc. Microbiology
- Botany Department
- Physics Department
- Student development Activities
- Student Achievers’ Gallery
- Unit – Microbiologists Society, INDIA
- Events Organized by Institute
- RTI ACT
- CONTACT US
Sarva Vidyalaya Kelavani Mandal ( SVKM), Kadi:
Sarva Vidyalaya Kelavani Mandal (SVKM) Kadi is a public education trust established in the year 1919 by Late Shri Chhaganlal Pitambardas Patel (popularly known as Chhaganbha) with a view to provide quality education to the students of Gujarat state. The SVKM campus is extended from Kadi to Gandhinagar and today a massive 54,000 students pursue their studies together at both the campuses. The Kadi campus is situated at a very strategic location surrounded by various growth-oriented industries of Chhatral and Kadi GIDC. The campus is just 45 kms from Ahmedabad city and 40 kms from the state capital Gandhinagar. Under the able leadership of the octogenarian yet industrious and benevolent Late Chairman Shri M.M.Patel alongwith Late Shri N.K.Patel the organization has evolved as a modern ‘Takshashila’ catering quality education from the elementary to the post-graduate and research studies to the poorest of the students coming from the most remote villages of the region. The organization lays special emphasis on women education and has acquired respects from all quarters. The main aim of SVKM is to help students to grow in their respective fields, to become creative and confident in wide range of functions, to operate cross-culturally in varied fields and to learn ways to achieve desired goals. The trust runs various schools at primary, secondary and higher secondary level and offers various electives like science, arts and commerce etc. At graduate level, the trust has established institutes which are offering vocational, professional and main stream courses like B.Sc, BA, B.Com, B.Ed, PTC, ITI etc. From last two decades, the trust has started professional programs like BBA, MBA, BCA, MCA, BE, ME, B.Pharm,M.Pharma, Pharm D., Nursing and Physiotherapy etc. to serve society in better way.
The Father of our Nation, Mahatma Gandhi visited the campus in 1927 and said: “Send your children to Sarva Vidyalaya, they will get the true education. It is good that the trust has no money but the society will nourish the trust.”
Maharaj Sayajirao Gaekwad III during his visit to the school in 1926: “Your institution works like a public school in England. I wish revolutionary institutions like this one should come up everywhere.”
The Trust is being governed by Alumni who have studied in various schools and colleges and are occupying prominent positions in various sectors all over the world. Government of Gujarat has granted a total land of 1, 32,000 Sq.m for development of Schools and Colleges in Gandhinagar. The Trust offers many common facilities like Transportation, common play ground and centrally AC library, conference hall, Indoor Sports Complex and Sanskar Bhavan for various activities.
Philanthropy in its true sense
- The admissions of the students in all the constituent colleges of the trust takes place through either centralized process of admission or on the basis of merit. There is no management quota maintained by the trust.
- The Trust manages a “GAUSHALA” which provides pure cow milk to students of hostels at subsidized rate.
- 10% of students over and above the approved intake are being provided education free of cost under Fee waiver scheme announced by AICTE. In addition to this, the Trust provides financial support to poor and needy students.
- The trust has announced R&D Scheme worth Rs.1 Crore every year for various constituent colleges. Under this scheme, 59 Projects are in progress.
- The Trust has announced the Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme in Professional Courses like Engineering, Diploma Engineering and Pharmacy.
- The Trust offers the Merit Scholarship to meritorious students and Means Scholarship to poor students to the extent of 1.5 crore every year to students of various constituent colleges since 2013.
- The Trust has adopted 14 Anganvadis with 452 students in Pethapur, Gandhinagar. It also provides infrastructure for all NGO’s and social activities at Free of Cost. In 2007 SVKM is honored with the distinct University Status and thus, Kadi Sarva Vishwavidyalaya is established as one of the prominent educational pilgrim of Gujarat.